The Lowry Foundation has given thousands of dollars in community grants to help fund exciting and creative local projects in education, art, theater and events. The intent of the Community Grants Program is to redirect funds into the community for projects that will enrich life at Lowry. The Lowry Foundation participates in events throughout the year which help to partially fund these grants.
Grant applications are due by September 15th and recipients are notified by November 15th.
The current grant cycle is now closed.
Grants are awarded in amounts ranging from $250 to $2,500. The Lowry Foundation values collaborative efforts and strongly favors applications that clearly demonstrate how they serve the Lowry Community through programs of artistic, cultural, educational, historic, recreational and scientific value.
What the Lowry foundation looks for…
In reviewing proposals for funding, the Lowry Foundation looks for projects that:
- Promote community assets and meet well-defined community needs
- Promote volunteer and community involvement
- Encourage cooperation and collaboration
- Assist non-profit agencies in serving the Lowry community
- Encourage programs and projects of artistic, educational, cultural, historical, and recreational nature
- Show the ability to leverage other funding sources
2016 Lowry Foundation Grant Awards
John Hand Theater Fund –
To purchase new sound equipment for the theater.
Schlessman Family Library –
To support adult & family programming at the library including Memory Cafe, designed for people experiencing memory loss, and their families and caregivers and The Little University which fosters early literacy for families with children ages two to five.
1st Avenue Town-homes –
To help transform the east entry to the neighborhood using Colorado-friendly plants and shrubs.
Lowry Elementary School –
Contribution to the Food For Kids Backpack Program which provides nutritious food for children in need of food over the weekends
- Denver Urban Gardens – to support community gardening & related education & services performed for the Lowry community $1,500
- John Hand Theater Fund – to help fund stage lighting for the theater $2,500
- Schlessman Family Library – to support adult & family programming at the library $2,500
- Wings Over the Rockies – to help fund building a fence to protect children & a significant piece of aviation mastery around the Lear Jet $1,000