The Lowry Foundation has given thousands of dollars in community grants to help fund exciting and creative local projects in education, art, theater and events. The intent of the Community Grants Program is to redirect funds into the community for projects that will enrich life at Lowry. The Lowry Foundation participates in events throughout the year which help to partially fund these grants.
2018 Lowry Foundation Community Grant Program
Thank you for your interest in applying for a community grant for your Lowry project or program! The intent of the Community Grant Program is to redirect funds into the community for projects that will enrich life at Lowry.
Grant applications are due on November 1, 2018.
For more information and to download a grant application click here.
Grants are awarded in amounts ranging from $250 to $2,500. The Lowry Foundation values collaborative efforts and strongly favors applications that clearly demonstrate how they serve the Lowry Community through programs of artistic, cultural, educational, historic, recreational and scientific value.
What the Lowry foundation looks for…
In reviewing proposals for funding, the Lowry Foundation looks for projects that:
- Promote community assets and meet well-defined community needs
- Promote volunteer and community involvement
- Encourage cooperation and collaboration
- Assist non-profit agencies in serving the Lowry community
- Encourage programs and projects of artistic, educational, cultural, historical, and recreational nature
- Show the ability to leverage other funding sources
We would like to thank the Lowry Community Master Association for their continued support of our grant program, without their matching contribution, this program could not be the success that it has come to be.
2017 Lowry Foundation Grant Awards
Denver Urban Gardens
To construct a pergola and picnic table for the Lowry Community Family Garden.
The Schlessman Family Library
To help sustain family programs such as Memory Café, Little University, and The Lowry Community Singers.
New America School
To help fund service project costs for the students.
Lowry Elementary School Backpack Program
To provide nutritious food for children in need over the weekend.
2016 Lowry Foundation Grant Awards
John Hand Theater Fund
To purchase new sound equipment for the theater.
Schlessman Family Library
To support adult & family programming at the library including Memory Cafe , designed for people experiencing memory loss, and their families and caregivers and The Little University which fosters early literacy for families with children ages two to five.
1st Avenue Townhomes
To help transform the east entry to the neighborhood using Colorado-friendly plants and shrubs.
Lowry Elementary School
Contribution to the Food For Kids Backpack Program which provides nutritious food for children in need of food over the weekends
2015 Lowry Foundation Grant Awards
- Denver Urban Gardens – to support community gardening & related education & services performed for the Lowry community $1,500
- John Hand Theater Fund – to help fund stage lighting for the theater $2,500
- Schlessman Family Library – to support adult & family programming at the library $2,500
- Wings Over the Rockies – to help fund building a fence to protect children & a significant piece of aviation mastery around the Lear Jet $1,000